MEUC – The Voice of Utility Users
MEUC was founded in 1987 to bring together like-minded professionals at a time privatisation was taking hold in the UK’s energy market. The MEUC mission was to create a community of ‘Major Energy Users’ and ensure they were kept informed of policy developments and purchasing opportunities as the market matured.
35 years on, we continue to provide vital information to our community; build connections; provide networking opportunities and use that all-important voice to influence and inform (policy and procedure with) Government, Stakeholders and Suppliers.
As we move forward, MEUC will be adopting a more open structure, encouraging greater member input, engaging with a wider group of stakeholders and delivering even more opportunities and benefits to energy professionals across the UK, in person and on-line.
Interested in joining our community? Want to find out how MEUC could work for you and your company?
What Members’ Say
- Members’ Help Line. Contact us with any enquiry. Our staff, consultants and fellow members have an enormous wealth of experience in UK energy, environment and water and our industry contacts are second to none. If we can’t help you directly, we will know someone who can.
- Annual Visit. Every year we offer a face-to-face meeting to ensure all your issues are being addressed and that you are maximising the benefits of membership. These meetings can also be held online or over the telephone.
- Spring and Autumn Conferences and Exhibitions. MEUC holds conferences with targeted, high-level, CPD certified content, providing a great opportunity to hear industry updates, the latest information, peer experiences and developments from supplier and service providers.
- Policy Group Meetings for Energy and Water. Member-only briefings to discuss current regulation, policy and market direction and understand consultation response viewpoints.
- Evening Networking Reception. An informal annual get-together of Members, Supporters and Stakeholders at the House of Lords.
- Energy and Water Update Webinars. Quarterly Member-only webinars with an update from our in-house experts with input and support from Stakeholders and specialists.
- Partner Sessions. Meetings or webinars run in conjunction with our supporters to inform and cover new services and opportunities from a best-practice perspective.
- Topic Forums / Strategy Groups. Member-only groups giving members information on the specific topics, access to Stakeholders and the opportunity to share / gain experiences and network with other MEUC Members, increasing the strength of our cross-sector energy community.
Our current Strategy Groups:
- Market | Price Trends | Non-Commodity Charges
- On-Site Generation | PPAs | Flexibility
- Metering (Fiscal, Portable, Sub) and Billing
- Weekly Members’ News Briefing. Energy, Carbon and Water news, wider news snapshots, market intelligence and trends in forward gas and power contracts.
- Monthly Energy Snapshots. Bullet point reports on major UK energy and water developments and a wider European and World view.
- Quarterly Energy Briefing. An in-depth quarterly news analysis covering electricity, gas, oil, coal, water, environment and climate change. Together with useful price forecasts to be used as a guide.
- Buying and Using Utilities. Our flagship quarterly journal, providing insight, opinion and valuable editorial.
Networking is a crucial part of any membership organisation. The sharing of experiences and information is vital when considering new aspects of an energy strategy. Informal networking takes place at the regular events, but more formal networking and introductions can be made.
MEUC attracts a wide base of supporting organisations that provide supply, procurement and management expertise and services. Whilst the exhibitions provide the obvious opportunity to keep up to date with new products and offerings, networking is extremely valuable to resolve issues that may occur as an existing customer.
Representation on Stakeholder Committees
MEUC represents it’s Members on various energy and water sector stakeholder committees. From the Large User Group held at Ofgem, to the RIIO2 workgroups at National Grid. We make sure that the voice of our membership community is heard.
Content-rich programmes, with associated in-depth material provide a strong foundation for those new and not-so-new to the energy industry. Created by our experts with input from experienced members, the information is written with you in mind.
Receive confidential monthly Gas and Electricity reports showing how your purchasing power compares against fellow members and other market indicators. Benchmarking is available as an add-on subscription service.
Benchmarking is available as an add-on subscription service.
*Add-on Contract Price Benchmarking service £650+vat for one fuel, £950+VAT for both.
Cost of Membership
Just £250+vat per month!
To join our Membership Community and add value to your organisation for you and nominated colleagues – Corporate Membership is £3,000+VAT per annum. Please contact us for more information and full terms and conditions of membership and services. Special rates available for Local Councils, NHS Trusts and Charity Research Organisations